-
August 10th, 2001, 03:46 AM
#11
Inactive Member
You maybe able to repair the parts rather than spent the money for a brand new one.
I have the exact same problem with erratic idle last year.
I removed the fast idle THERMO valve from the TB and took it apart.
The white plastic threaded parts is loose inside the valve due to vibration from the engine.
I threaded the white plastic part back and reinstall the valve.
The car works perfect now.
Also, I learn it the hard way by not putting locite to lock the thread that few months later the idle became erratic again.
Remember to use locite on the plastic thread when reassembly the fast idle THERMO valve.
Hope this work out for you.
Ben
-
August 11th, 2001, 05:25 AM
#12
Senior Hostboard Member
Question: Who's your daddy SilverSupraTT ???
Answer: The gang on the FI board !!!
Glad to hear you are back up and running.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
August 11th, 2001, 05:31 AM
#13
Senior Hostboard Member
BTW,
Not everyone is as lucky as you and BennyH have been.
The last car that I saw with this problem actually had a failure... the threaded part inside was broken in half.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks